Sunday, October 20, 2013

Shea Moisture Darcy Botanical Soultanicals Product Review

Hey beautiful curlies!

I recently feel in love with my curls...again! I, like many other naturals, I got frustrated with my lack of curls. Everyone repeats the same theory that type 4 hair does not have a curl pattern. If I hear that one more time imma lose it. Its a lie! How can your hair be curly and have no curl pattern? I'll admit type 4 hair does not clump its curls easily but it still has a curl pattern. Anyway I had a failed braidout turn magnificent braid out the other day but my hair was really dirty so I had to wash it, don't ya hate that?

Anyway I washed with Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo. I noticed some bottles of this is a white and creamy but mine is alot darker idk why. Here's what I did:

  • Detangle hair with Herbal Essence Honey I'm Strong Conditioner & water. Braid hair.
  • Shampoo twice, once w/ braids focusing on scalp & second with hair unbraided to make sure to clean strands.
  • Apply Darcy's Botanical Pumpkin Seed Conditioner w/ hair in 4 sections. Left it on overnight.
  • Apply Soultanicals Murula-muru moisture guru and braid hair.
To me every shampoo is pretty much the same. I never had a shampoo that I loved and I dilute every shampoo I use. 
The Darcy's Botanical Conditioner is hands down the thickest conditioner I ever came across. The bottle is pretty full and I still had to muscle the bottle to squeeze some of it out. I love the smell (pumpkin) but it has no slip at all. It does provide moisture but wow no slip is a big offense to me. 
I already have a full review of Soultanicals but ill mention that I like the Muru guru. It has a banana smell, some slip and seals in the moisture. All in all I like this butter/cream.

I thought I'd keep this review short and sweet. Let me know if you guys want a more in depth reviews or short reviews. Take care beautiful curlies!

No comments: